Tuesday, November 22, 2011

All Natural Recipes For Great Radiant Skin by By Narine Nikogosian

It's no secret that women want to look and feel beautiful. I wrote "Return to Beauty" to pass on the wisdom I've learned in my twenty years as a professional aesthetician.

Your radiance doesn't require expensive lotions or toxic potions, only simple skin care recipes made from fresh ingredients in the comfort of your own kitchen. For instance, did you know that pumpkin slices under tired eyes can refresh your look for a big night out?

Learning to take better care of your skin according to the seasons and your sun sign is empowering. When I was young, I loved creating skin care concoctions from whatever fresh ingredients were in my mother's kitchen. As I grew older, I added my love of astrology, creating recipes based upon the needs of each sun sign (Gemini skin needs apricots, walnuts, and extra relaxation, Cancers need pampering and dairy), then I invited my friends over for beauty treatments.

Women of color have supple skin that ages gracefully so it's important to take good care of it. To avoid problems, such as clogging pores, I always remind my clients to keep their skin clean and use non-invasive products. If your skin runs normal-to-oily or oily, then it's important not to over-moisturize.

Skin also has different needs for each season, so your regime should reflect changes in the weather. During the dry cold winds of fall, my cabbage and milk recipe makes the perfect, gentle cleanser. A cantaloupe and coconut mask pampers delicate skin. If it's hot and sunny outside--a dab of avocado and vitamin E oil under the eyes is all you need. You'll see--it's easy to stay youthful, radiant, and happy all year long.

SUCCULENT CANTALOUPE COCONUT MASK
  • 1 slice fresh cantaloupe
  • 1 tbsp coconut milk
  • 1 tsp almond oil
The cantaloupe is at its peak in the fall. Juicy and sweet, this fruit is loaded with the important antioxidant, beta-carotene. Cantaloupes are also high in vitamin C, and a good source of potassium and folate.

Preparation: Combine cantaloupe, coconut milk and oil in the blender. Blend until creamy. Application: Cover your face and neck with a thin layer. Relax for 20 minutes, while enjoying a slice or two of cantaloupe. Rinse with warm water. Rinse with cold water. Apply your moisturizer.

"Return to Beauty" (Atria) by Narine Nikogosian is in stores now.

book.jpg

 
 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment