Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Do You Use Your Homemade Natural Hair Products On Your Body Too? Courtesy of TGIN

Savvy Brown Schools Us on Guacamole and All Its Splender!


Ladies, let me introduce you to one of the most savvy sistahs I know. Savvy Brown has joined us today and will offer us some valuable information about leading a healthier, greener life without us having to dip into our 401-K. Ms. Brown, is dedicated to looking good from the inside out, and you KNOW that’s what we’re all about ’round these parts.
This is my favorite deep conditioner, and although I use store-bought DC a lot, I keep coming back to this one!
Avocado/Mayo Deep Conditioner

Ingredients:
1/2 of a RIPE soft Haas avocado meat mashed with fork well
1/2 cup regular mayonnaise (DON’T leave this out, otherwise you’ll have pieces of avocado left in your hair!)
2 tbspof oil (I use raw coconut oil, but you can use jojoba, olive, grape seed, etc.)
Directions:
Put the avocado and the oil in a mini food processor or blender and blend, then add the mayo until smooth. Apply to hair from root to tip and cover with a plastic bag or plastic shower cap and wrap head with a towel. Leave on for a couple of hours, then rinse out with warm water. Put any extra in the fridge (or add chopped tomatoes and turn it into a dip!)
Try it and tell me whatcha think!
NOTE: This Deep Conditioning Treatment is NOT to be used with heat. I wrap my head in a plastic bag and a towel, and let it sit while I clean my house. A couple of hours later I wash it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment