Here is a list of the 4 top vitamins that promote healthy hair and hair growth and also finger nails:
1. Vitamin B:
You will find these vitamins in many multivitamins supplements or you can take these supplements individually. Also foods such as beans, eggs, and berries include the following:
- Vitamin B Complex - all 8 vitamins in the B category
- Vitamin B1 (Thiamine) – Can be found in asparagus, crimini mushrooms, spinach, flaxseeds, tuna, green peas, and brussels sprouts
- Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin) - Can be found in crimini mushrooms, spinach, calf liver, summer squash, asparagus, chard, shiitake mushrooms, green beans, mustard greens, broccoli, collard greens, turnip greens, eggs, yogurt, cow’s milk
- Vitamin B3 (Niacin or Niacinamide) - Can be found in crimini mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, chicken, tuna, salmon, asparagus, calf liver, and turkey
- Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid) - Can be found in crimini mushrooms, shiitake mushrooms, cauliflower, broccoli, grapefruit, bell peppers, and asparagus.
- Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine, Pyridoxal, Pyridoxamine) - Can be found in bell peppers, summer squash, turnip greens, shiitake mushrooms, and spinach
- Vitamin B7 (Biotin) - Can be found in swiss chard, oats, brown rice, and sunflower seeds.
- Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid) - Can be found in liver, dried herbs, sunflower seeds, dry roasted soybeans, spinach, turnip greens, collard greens, asparagus, beans, peanuts
- Vitamin B12 (Cobalamins, Cyanocobalamin) - Can be found in liver, sardines, and salmon
- Choline - Can be found in soybeans, egg yolk, butter, peanuts, potatoes, cauliflower, lentils, oats, sesame seeds, and flax seeds
- PABA - Can be found in liver, kidney, brewer’s yeast, molasses, whole grains, mushrooms and spinach
2. Vitamin A:
Carrots and kale are good sources for vitamin A, which helps the immune system properly function.
3. Vitamin C:
You can find Vitamin C in oranges and berries and it helps blood circulation in the scalp and follicles.
4. Vitamin E:
Vitamin E can be found in nuts and it increase oxygen into the cells of body therefore helping circulation to the scalp.